Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grandia II, MSR, The Typing of the Dead


I just posted three more Sega Dreamcast games on eBay. Like all of the other Dreamcast items I’ve posted recently, they’re starting at a bargain-rate 99 cents!

Grandia II on the Dreamcast is one of the better role playing games that I have played. Featuring terrific 3D graphics and an excellent storyline, this Game Arts RPG should not be missed. It has great voice acting and an interactive battle system that will keep you on your toes. I highly recommend it.

Metropolis Street Racer, or MSR for short, is the predecessor to the popular Project Gotham Racing series. MSR introduced the concept of Kudos – points awarded for driving skillfully fast. This unique gameplay mechanic forces players to draft, power slide, and speed all without careening into barriers and opponents. I just played it two nights ago. While the graphics are now dated, the gameplay is still as solid as ever.

The Typing of the Dead is a real wacky game. Take Sega’s House of the Dead 2 and replace the light guns with keyboards. To defeat the endless hordes of creatures and zombies, players must type the exact same words that appear on the screen. It’s unique to be sure, but it’s also fun. This game deserves bonus points for getting some use out of the keyboard controller.

If you’re still playing your Sega Dreamcast these days, take a look at my other eBay auctions. I’ve listed quite a few things recently, including a used Visual Memory Unit and a pre-played copy of Unreal Tournament. Also be sure to keep watching this space as I have even more Dreamcast stuff I’m looking to unload.












No comments:

Post a Comment