Sunday, March 6, 2011

Old Video Game Mags Like EGM and Stuff


As an appropriate follow-up to my old game poster auctions, I’ve listed some video game magazines on eBay. Believe it or not, gamers got their news and reviews from dead trees back in the day. The hottest gaming news was weeks or months old before it got to newsstands and mailboxes. Reviews were done by professional writers, not any Joe, Dick, and Harry with Internet access. Instead of GameFAQs and YouTube walkthroughs, magazines had cheat codes for level select and extra lives. In an odd sort of way, I miss those days of flipping through the gaming magazines and looking at the previews, the import titles, and the terribly bad print advertisements. If you’re an old school gamer, take a look at my eBay listings for back issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly and Ultimate Gamer. Also, be sure to check back soon as I’ll be listing some more mags in the next day or two.





No comments:

Post a Comment